Your basket is empty
Already have an account? Log in to check out faster.
OPS is non-profit organization that promotes marine conservation and environmental protection by combating complex global issues such as biodiversity loss, climate change, illegal wildlife trading, deforestation, and unsustainable fishing through documentary and media.
your impact 👇
In 2015, we designed our first cause bag – a beautiful blue seabird inspired by the Albatross on Midway Island - and gave back 10% of the proceeds to support our not-for-profit mission-partner, 5Gyres.
Our 2016-2017 cause bag featured a sea turtle, a beautiful (and well loved) animal at risk because of plastic pollution and many other issues like commercial fishing, habitat loss, illegal hunting and shell trade. It is estimated that more than 100 million marine animals are killed each year because of plastic waste in our oceans.** Specifically, thousands of sea turtles who mistake floating plastic bags for food, like jellyfish, which is a main part of their diet. When they swallow this plastic debris, turtles can become sick and starve. In 2016-2017 we gave back 10% of the proceeds to the Sea Turtle Conservancy and to 5Gyres.
Past mission partners:
• 5Gyres Institute www.5gyres.org
• **Sea Turtle Conservancy http://www.conserveturtles.org
• Wide Cast http://www.widecast.org
• Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue & Rehabilitation Center http://www.seaturtlehospital.org
• South Carolina Aquarium http://scaquarium.org/sea-turtle-rescue/
• Healthy Child Healthy World http://www.healthychild.org/
• Turning Green http://turninggreen.org/
• North American Association for Environmental Education NAAEE https://naaee.org/
• The Environmental Working Group (EWG) http://www.ewg.org/
• Girls on the run (GOTR) http://girlsrun.org/
• The Anacostia Watershed Society http://www.anacostiaws.org/
• The Chesapeake BaySavers http://www.chesapeakebaysavers.org/
• The C&O Canal Trust http://www.canaltrust.org/
Donations to the Oceanic Preservation Society are made through Pledgeling.
For most uses I just don 't need a zip bag. These can go directly in the compost when I'm done with it. I use them for storing small leftover things including cheese and avo halves. They keep things as fresh or better than plastic.
Reusable Velcro Sandwich Bag + Snack Bag 2-Pack Bundle Bear
These bags work great for sandwiches, chips, etc., and I feel great for NOT adding more plastic to the landfill. Plus the stripes look so festive. :-)
Love, love, love!! No plastic!
There are too many bad coatings on food bags and papers out there, too much plastic in the world! Lunchskins solves this problem, and attractively.