YOUR PURCHASE DOES GOOD!
Lunchskins donates proceeds from every order to the Oceanic Preservation Society to
Preserve Our Oceans • Protect Endangered Species • Save Our Planet
Your Lunchskins bag purchase not only makes you feel good it also does good!
Video credit: The Oceanic Preservation Society
Giving back is second nature to us!
In 2015, we designed our first cause bag – a beautiful blue seabird inspired by the Albatross on Midway Island - and gave back 10% of the proceeds to support our not-for-profit mission-partner, 5Gyres.
Our 2016-2017 cause bag featured a sea turtle, a beautiful (and well loved) animal at risk because of plastic pollution and many other issues like commercial fishing, habitat loss, illegal hunting and shell trade. It is estimated that more than 100 million marine animals are killed each year because of plastic waste in our oceans.** Specifically, thousands of sea turtles who mistake floating plastic bags for food, like jellyfish, which is a main part of their diet. When they swallow this plastic debris, turtles can become sick and starve. In 2016-2017 we gave back 10% of the proceeds to the Sea Turtle Conservancy and to 5Gyres.
Past mission partners:
• 5Gyres Institute www.5gyres.org
• **Sea Turtle Conservancy http://www.conserveturtles.org
• Wide Cast http://www.widecast.org
• Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue & Rehabilitation Center http://www.seaturtlehospital.org
• South Carolina Aquarium http://scaquarium.org/sea-turtle-rescue/
• Healthy Child Healthy World http://www.healthychild.org/
• Turning Green http://turninggreen.org/
• North American Association for Environmental Education NAAEE https://naaee.org/
• The Environmental Working Group (EWG) http://www.ewg.org/
• Girls on the run (GOTR) http://girlsrun.org/
• The Anacostia Watershed Society http://www.anacostiaws.org/
• The Chesapeake BaySavers http://www.chesapeakebaysavers.org/
• The C&O Canal Trust http://www.canaltrust.org/
Donations to the Oceanic Preservation Society are made through Pledgeling.