Whenever you purchase, store, or heat food using plastic, you potentially are exposing yourself and your family to harmful chemicals. Bisphenol A/"BPA" and phthalates (both chemicals found in most household plastics) have come under scrutiny in recent years due to serious health concerns (please see the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences for more information).
While the impacts of these chemicals are still being studied, we think it's better to be safe than sorry. All LunchSkins products have been rigorously tested by third-parties for the presence of BPA and phthalates, to comply with food-safe standards, and to ensure the safety, quality and integrity of our bags. We're on a mission to replace everyday plastic with smart, sustainable solutions that are easy to use and accessible to everyone.
How Many Plastic Bags Do You Throw Away In Your Lifetime?
Have you thrown Hundreds? Thousands? Multiply that by the Earth's population to get an idea of the plastic pollution problem we face today. Climate change and pollution are the most critical threats today . Plastic which is a Petroleum-based waste is a huge reason for this, and it’s causing disastrous damage to the environment. LunchSkins hopes to educate as many people at its can to help realize how much plastic exists in our everyday lives and how to replace everyday plastic with smart, sustainable solutions.
What can you do?
- Use a reusable shopping bag
- Buy your snacks in bulk
- Use cloth napkins and reusable utensils
- Save lefovers and use them in another meal
- Avoid buying individually packaged items such as yogurt
- Don't use plastic bags or plastic containers!
- Pack your lunch in a reusable LunchSkins bag, or for those says when you need a disposable bag, use our NEW recyclable +sealable paper bag.
- Don't use plastic water bottles!
- Use a reusable water bottles
- Avoid plastic straws